Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Introduction!

Yo.  I am a devoted disciple of Jesus Christ and a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  I know that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is true, but certain tendencies in Mormon culture bother me.  I don't like myths that get passed on without documentation, or that so many members feel so guilt-ridden (especially the women), or that so many think it's their duty to correct and judge others.  I'm quite discontent with this at the moment and want to write about it.  

I started another blog in September for my New Testament class; it was was an effort to sharing the message of my church online.  However, even though I'm all for writing positive things about Mormonism on the internet, I felt that my posts, though sincere, were too impersonal.  I want to share more personal experiences, especially my thoughts about things in LDS culture that conflict with the true Gospel.  Yes, I said above that I don't like people who feel they need to correct others.  Well, here's my disclaimer: this is my opinion; take it as you will.  

No comments:

Post a Comment